This is simple Windows GUI for mplayer. It is continuation of OperaVideoCachePlayer, but it has removed Opera cache browser (as Opera 12 is pretty much irrelevant now) and added some general purpose features.
When stopped this application presents playlist-oriented interface, somehow inspired by Foobar2000. Application is controlled with context menus associated with playlist tabs and file lists.
During playback application has borderless, resizeable and draggable window and can be controlled by keyboard, mimicking mplayer itself but without console window.
Basic key usage while playing:
- pause/resume playback
- stop playback
- O or mouse right button
- toggle OSD modes
- toggle fullscreen
- seeking (left/right = -/+ 3s, top/down = -/+ 60s)
- mouse scroll
- volume control
- show file name as OSD for 2 seconds
- skip / play next file
- Initial release: VideoPlayer.exe
- VideoPlayer_2_1_0.zip, VideoPlayer_2_1_0_src.zip
- settings window: close with Esc, changed window position to main form center
- OSD: show file name => 'i' key
- fluent fast forwarding - reading file length and current position
- added "Remove duplicates from list"
- added "Remove missing files from list"
Note: mplayer for Windows has to be downloaded separately (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/ or e.g. as a part of SMPlayer). Path to mplayer should be put then in VideoPlayer.exe settings.