JSONedit: relaxed parser
Relaxed JSON parser is intented to be alternative method for quick JSON prototyping, i.e. creating JSON structures to be copied to main editor (as root or some subelement). As you are typing pseudo-JSON (usually no quoting, no escaping, no commas are necessary) in left pane valid JSON is generated in the right pane.
Here are basic rules (broken and/or made to be broken further):
- names inside objects and string values may be not quoted (unquoted strings can't contain special characters like comma, square or curly braces)
- in quoted (starting with quotation mark) strings only quotation marks and backslashes should be escaped
- unquoted strings are stripped from leading and trailing whitespaces
- commas between object or array elements can be replaced with newlines
- trailing commas are allowed
- closing braces are sometimes not necessary (in particular at the end of the text)
This tool is experimental - it was not tested thoroughly. It might even crash or lock whole application, so while it is in its infancy you might consider using two instances of JSONedit - one as main editor and one as relaxed parser only for safety. If you find any problems please send me source text causing it.
Back to JSONedit.